Learn more about
THE ASC PROGRAMME
The ASC network aims at :
preparing students to become experts and develop international skills towards professional industrial careers in spectroscopic characterization of matter and/or doctoral studies.
The ASC programme has reached a high level of harmonization, with a single Master programme scheme applicable at each partner institution and thus yielding to a better integration into the European scheme.
All successful students receive a multiple degree from the institutions where they attended courses.
This ASC master programme will:
- guarantee quality (all partners have official accredited Masters in chemistry)
- Allow students access to techniques not available locally (mutualisation of the equipment)
- provide a sound background in Advanced Spectroscopy, both in experimental techniques and in scientific knowledge;
- promote students’ mobility within a network of research laboratories spread amongst countries from a large area of Europe in an environment where they will be well looked after and acquire transferable skills in a multicultural environment.
- prepare students to become experts in far reaching experimental techniques in Spectroscopy.
- help and prepare students to develop skills to follow future doctoral studies, and/or towards professional activities.
The originality of this programme is to allow students to choose their research master thesis in one highly specialized field according to their professional objectives. The high level of equipment available in the consortium is unique.
A mobility scheme ensures that, in addition to high specialization and access to state of the art technologies, students will do a common core curriculum of studies in different higher education institutions within the ASC consortium. ASC graduates are at least bilingual and have been studying and working for 2 years in a multicultural environment. They are well prepared for European or international careers.
The ASC Master is awarded to students who have shown themselves by appropriate assessment to:
- have competences which make them fit for employment as professional chemists in chemical and related industries or as entrepreneurs;
- be able to apply modern and advanced spectroscopy techniques within the framework of the most recent European requirements;
- be able to use the modern theoretical and experimental applications of spectroscopy;
- have attained a standard of knowledge and competence which will give them access to third cycle course units or degree programs (Ph.D.).
JOIN ASC MASTER
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a well recognized European master’s course in the field of chemistry, check the deadlines !
TYPE OF DEGREE
Multiple Master of Science degree
Multiple Master of Science degree with thesis in «Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry» awarded by the universities of the consortium, after completion of 90 ECTS of courses and 30 ECTS of a Master thesis. Each host university of the student issues a master degree, provided the student has validated at least one semester (30 ECTS) at each host university. A joint diploma supplement is provided, which explains the specificities of the program and individual mobility and specialization of the student.
The Chemistry Euromaster® Label
The Chemistry Euromaster® Label has been awarded on 01.12.2008 by the European Chemistry Thematic Network Association (ECTNA) to the consortium members for the EM Master Course in « Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry ». It has been renewed in 2019 for the 5 coming student intakes. As a consequence, graduates who commence their degree between September 2019 and September 2023 are entitled to receive documentation approved by the ECTNA showing that their degree carries this label.