UNIVERSITÉ DE LILLE
With its cultural vitality, its quality of life, its economic dynamism and its festive energy, the city of Lille is now the capital of the capital of a region of six million inhabitants (the Hauts-de-France region). Lille benefits from the advantages afforded by its unique setting.
Lille is perfectly situated at the crossroads of Northwest Europe with swift connections to Brussels (35 min), Paris (1h) and London (1h20) and within three to four hours from Amsterdam, Strasbourg or Frankfurt.
The medieval city of Lille is dotted with prestigious monuments that bear witness to its successive historical influences. You need to take a stroll through the narrow cobbled streets of « Vieux Lille » (the old town) and admire its flemish-influenced red bricks building.
See our guide for Erasmus Mundus students: Student guide
BEFORE ARRIVAL, VISA APPLICATION FOR NON EUROPEAN STUDENTS
You should make sure that your passport is valid for the whole duration of the programme.
Enquire about visa formalities at the nearest embassy or consulate: check here for addresses. Make sure you start your visa application as soon as possible since, in some cases, it may take a few months.
Visa: You can contact the nearest Campus France Agency, where you will find useful help to get your visa (https://www.campusfrance.org/en/the-different-types-of-visas). You also have to contact the nearest French embassy or consulate. You will have to provide the ASC invitation letter to the competent authorities. When requested, the ASC Master Office in Lille will provide letters in French to the embassy in order to support your visa application and can also be contacted by the embassy in case further information is required to process your visa application. Upon arrival at the University of Lille, you will get help from administrative officers to validate your visa and obtain your residence permit.
More details are available in the website of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs : getting a visa
For mobility within the ASC network during the 2-year programme:
- When coming back to France from a European country for a stay of over 3 months, you will again need to obtain a visa before entering France. You will need an invitation letter from the ASC office in Lille.
- For mobility from France to your next host university, see here the addresses of foreign embassies and consulates in France and contact them for information. You will need an invitation letter from the next host university.
- When going back to your home country before reaching your next host university (any one):
- if you apply in Europe, make sure you start the process early enough to collect your visa before leaving to your home country;
- if you plan to apply in your country, make sure it will be possible to obtain a visa within the possibly short time that you will spend there
LIVING IN LILLE
There are different type of halls of residence on campus. Refer to the student guide you receive upon admission to the programme.
A room can be booked for you in a hall of residence. As soon as you are selected in the ASC master, you will receive all necessary information to apply for accommodation.
HOUSING APPLICATION DEADLINE(S)
Deadline for winter semester : May 15th
Deadline for spring semester: November 15th
COST ESTIMATES PER MONTH (IN EURO)
- Housing : From 210 € / month (for a room in the halls) to 570 € (for a furnished studio flat)
- Meal : 3.10 € per meal
- Books : 70 €
Local Transportation : 30€/ month
- Health insurance: more details
Student tax, CVEC: more details
Optional supplementary health insurance : from 85 € to 300 € / year
- Registration fees: Click here
- Fees should not deter you from applying: each year tuition fee waivers are awarded based on outstanding academic records and/or financial needs.
COMPARABLE HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE FROM ABROAD ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED
Students from outside Europe must take the French health insurance. No foreign insurance will be accepted by the French authorities, except the health insurance European card (to be requested by the Eu students to their national health insurance organism).
First week of September to end of January
First week of February to end of June or July
First and last week of January.
Last week of May and June.
ORIENTATION SESSION(S) FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
2 First weeks of semester
APPLICATION DEADLINE(S) FOR ADMISSION
Please refer to Application/admission details
COURSE REGISTRATION DEADLINE(S)
ASC NETWORK COORDINATOR
Université de Lille
UFR de Chimie – Bâtiment C9
59655 Villeneuve d’Ascq CEDEX
Tel: +330 320 436 908
ASC ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE
Université de Lille – Master ASC
Avenue Paul Langevin
59655 Villeneuve d’Ascq CEDEX
Tel: +33 (0) 362 268 422 // +33 (0) 320 336 436